- Add Dechlorinator when adding tap water to your pond
- If you are filling up a new pond (from empty) make sure you use a full dose for your pond size.
- If you are topping up your pond, add a dose that is equivalent to the size of the water change (e.g. 25% water change = 25% dose of dechlorinator)
FilterStart: Good bacteria for your pond
- Add FilterStart daily (first week) with new ponds, it will help mature your pond quicker
- You should also add FilterStart after pond maintenance & water changes
- If your water quality is becoming a problem (Nitrite and ammonia) Adding filterstart can help to combat this issue. By adding the filterstart it will help break down access waste which causes bad water quality whilst ponds are maturing.