pH: Ideal pH for fish is between 7 & 8
- If pH is lower than 7, a ph adjuster will need to be added (after a water change)
- If pH is higher than 7, a ph adjuster will need to be added (after a water change)
Nitrite: For fish ponds Nitrate ideally should read between 0 to 0.3 mg/L
- If higher than 0.3 mg/L it is recommended that you first do a water change and
- To reduce long term nitrite issues you should remove waste from the pond, filters
and bottom drains. You may need to reduce feeding to stop nitrite rising again.
Ammonia: For fish ponds Ammonia ideally should read 0 mg/L
- If higher than 0 mg/L its recommended that you do a water change, add
Ammonia remover and afterwards add filter start to help break it down.
- Ammonia can be release when fish are stressed from bad water quality and other
issues within the pond